Fru Gal

The adventures of a Frugal Gal as she seeks the best that little money can buy.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

click click click - cheap bastard philanthropy

Every morning when I log into my computer at work I make a point of heading to thebreastcancersite.com where with a quick click on the pink cyber-ribbon I can fund a free mammogram for a woman who can't afford one. That and a cup of Earl Grey tea really start my day out on the right foot.

This morning's work day began with a three hour BSR Advance computer training course. Now, I have alot of appreciation for this computer program, but if you have a room of 20 people running the same training scenarios on a training database the progress is sloooooooooow - high school Algebra slow, DMV auto registration slow.

As my computer slowly scrawled through data I considered that thebreastcancersite.com can't be the only click philanthropy available. A quick Google search on "click philanthropy" immediately produced a list of websites.

Within 3 minutes I had planted a tree in the rainforest, bought a winter coat for a poor child, and by voting for my favorite NFL team, donated a can of soup to a food bank. The rush of endorphins that these small acts of philanthropy produced made the morning pass pleasantly. That's what I call cheap bastard philanthropy.

1 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Pulse of the Saudi Blogosphere
This week was a little bit quiet at the Saudi blogosphere. Probably most bloggers have decided to the chance of the very nice weather in Saudi Arabia these days by camping in the desert or going to the beach .
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to how to repair a road bicycle on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like how to repair a road bicycle!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home