Fru Gal

The adventures of a Frugal Gal as she seeks the best that little money can buy.

Friday, December 30, 2005

Drink Your Way to Dallas - Wendy's, Coca-Cola and Air Tran

Between November 1 and December 31, 2005, Air Tran and Wendy’s have been running a joint promotion. In exchange for 32 proofs of purchase, found on the side of Wendy's medium and large cups of Coca-Cola, Air Tran will give you a one-way ticket to anywhere their airline flies. In addition to flying to Akron and Atlanta, Air Tran also serves the Bahamas, so you can guess how popular this cross-promotion has been.

At about $1.29 for a medium Coke, 64 proofs of purchase will set you back $82.56, but can be turned into a round trip ticket to the Bahamas that would normally cost you $618. That’s quite a savings, if you can drink that much Coke.

I’d love to go to the Grand Bahamas, but the cheap bastard in me doesn’t want to “invest” $82.56 to get the tickets. Between now and tomorrow, I can’t drink 64 cups of Coke, and the cheap bastard in me couldn't stand to pour out 64, 12 oz. cups of Coke onto the street.

Which leaves just one option - dumpster diving. The question is, am I ready to scrounge my way to the Caribbean? Can my dignity be purchased for $618?

For those of you will benefit from this promotion, by dumpster or drink, I salute you. Raise a paper umbrella shaded drink to the Caribbean sunset and think of me.

You plucky bastard.

1 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Oh, come on. Wouldn't you dumpster dive to go to Akron? Just kidding. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home